Alcoholics Anonymous: The Story of How Many Thousands of Men and Women Have Recovered from Alcoholism
Product Information: Alcoholics Anonymous (also known as the Big Book in recovery circles) sets forth cornerstone concepts of recovery from alcoholism and tells the stories of men and women who have overcome the disease.
The fourth edition includes twenty-four personal stories that provide contemporary sharing for newcomers seeking recovery from alcoholism in A.A. during the early years of the 21st century. Sixteen stories are retained from the third edition, including the "Pioneers of A.A." section, which helps the reader remain linked to A.A.'s historic roots, and shows how early members applied this simple but profound program that helps alcoholics get sober today.
Edition: Fourth Edition
Approximately 21 million copies of the first three editions of "Alcoholics Anonymous" have been distributed. It is expected that the fourth edition will play its part in passing on A.A.'s basic message of recovery. This fourth edition has been approved by the General Service Conference of Alcoholics Anonymous, in the hope that many more may be led toward recovery by reading its explanation of the A.A. program and its varied examples of personal experiences which demonstrate that the A.A. program works.
Publication Date: 2001
Publisher: Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. - New York City
Length: 575 pages
Additional Items for Consideration:
The "Big Book" is often purchased with the following items:
- Single Big Book Cover (intended use - standard AA Big Book)
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions (book)
- Double Book Cover (intended use - to hold both the standard AA "Big Book" (hardcover) and Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions books)
- The Little Big Book Dictionary
- The "Big Book" Index
No Minimum Order Requirement: We have no minimum order requirement for orders. We accept/welcome orders of all sizes. We guarantee that your order will receive prompt attention and that the medallion you received in a previous order will look the same each and every time that it is that re-ordered.
Shipping & Handling: The Recovery Emporium ships all items within 24-hours of receiving an order. Our store hours are Monday through Friday 9 am - 4 pm. For this reason, orders placed on Friday after 3 pm through Sunday at midnight will be filled on Monday morning upon arriving at the shop. We have a variety of shipping options available. Below is a list of some of the options available for your to select from when making a purchase at the Recovery Emporium - RecoveryShop.com.
Choose from one of the following options:
- Priority Mail Express - Items ship in 24-hour to most locations, but in no more than 48-hours. Please visit the USPS website for more information. Delivering 7 days a week, Priority Mail Express is the post office's fastest domestic service for time-sensitive letters, documents, or merchandise.
- Priority Mail - Items ship in 1-3 business days depending on where your package is being sent. Your package will start it's journey in Parkersburg, West Virginia. Any order that weighs more than 1-pound will automatically be sent via Priority Mail. Your order may still show First-Class Mail, but you may see that there has been an additional charge added to your shipping total when going over 1-pound. This is simply the additional cost of shipping your order via Priority Mail.
- First Class Mail - Items ship in 2-5 business days - orders that weigh less than 1-pound will be sent via First Class Mail unless otherwise selected when going through the checkout process. Recovery Shop orders being sent to the West Coast (especially true for those orders shipped to the western coastal cities/states) often take the full 5-days, however, orders sent to cities/states on the East Coast have arrived as soon as 2-days after placing an order. This is not always the case and the time of delivery will vary depending on the weather conditions, carrier availability, and other issues not related to the actions of the Recovery Shop.
- International Shipping - Items will ship from our shop within 24-hours of receiving the order. However, the delivery times may vary based on location. There are also times when our packages have been collected by the United States' (or the receiving country's) Customs and/or border patrol services. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the actions taken by Customs. Recovery Shop will gladly work with you on the matter, but as a matter of course we reserve the right to respond to each case on an individual basis. This is often the best course of action when there is so much room for variance between each order.
Please see the Recovery Emporium's Shipping Policies & Information section for more information on our policies related to international shipping.
NOTE: While we can guarantee that your order will be shipped from our location within 24-hours; we cannot guarantee what happens once your order leaves our shop. We have all orders that are sent via Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express insured and tracked. Unfortunately, at this time insurance and tracking services are not available for First-Class Mail. If you experience any difficulties with your delivery, then please contact us. We will gladly help to advocate for you with the United States Postal Service. If an item is lost or stolen, then please do not hesitate to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (1-888-798-3496) the shop. We will work with you to help to ensure that you are satisfied with your shopping experience.