How Al-Anon Works For Families and Friends of Alcoholics
Product Description: This listing is for the soft cover edition of the How Al-Anon Works for Families and Friends of Alcoholics book, rather than the hard cover edition. The move to a soft cover was made by Al-Anon Family Groups. Moving forward, there will not be hard cover editions printed into publication. The good news is that there have been no changes made to the resources contained within this book.
Book Overview: How Al-Anon Works for Families and Friends of Alcoholics opens wide the door to a remarkable fellowship of courageous men and women who have experienced the sometimes subtle, but nonetheless devastating effects of another's alcoholism. It invites us in to see how Al-Anon helps families of alcoholics to overcome even the most negative aspects of their lives and, in turn, extend hope and help to others. This is the essential book on Al-Anon Family Groups. It answers every question we might think to ask including, ""Can Al-Anon help me?"".
Even the casual reader is captivated by pages filled with refreshing, down-to-earth wisdom drawn from thousands of Al-Anon members sharing their very personal experience, strength, and hope. Sparks of recognition and understanding flash again and again as we begin to grasp the enormous impact the alcoholism of someone close has had on our physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. To the millions of men, women, and children who have been affected by the alcoholism of another, this book extends the most precious of all gifts -- hope.
Part I: Contains an overview of the Al-Anon program including chapters such as; The Twelve Steps, The Family Disease of Alcoholism, Service, Al-Anon's History, and much more.
Part II: A collection of 43 personal stories from members of the Al-Anon program including stories from people of all ages including the youth of the Ala-Teen program.
Page Count: 406 Pages - Indexed for use as a tool for studying certain concepts and/or topics related to the Al-Anon program.
- Publisher: Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc.
- Published Year: 1995
- The Recovery Emporium's (Inc.) Pledge to You: We've carefully chosen the literature that you find on our site. To meet our aim of "serving recovery communities," we have found that we must keep our own overhead, shipping costs, etc. low. When we can manage this task, then we have found that it is possible to provide you the Recovery Shopper the same high-quality books at a similar or lower cost than other similar types of sites, and at a price that is comparable (or better than) to the original publishers of the books themselves.
- No Minimum Order Requirement: We have no minimum order requirements and welcome orders of all sizes. We guarantee that your books will look the same every time they are re-ordered.
- Shipping & Handling: The Recovery Emporium ships all items within 24-hours of receiving an order. Our store hours are Monday through Friday 9 am - 4pm. For this reason, orders placed on Friday after 4 pm through Sunday at midnight will be filled on Monday morning upon arriving at the shop. We have a variety of shipping options available. Below is a list of some of the options available for your to select from when making a purchase at the Recovery Emporium - RecoveryShop.com
Choose from one of the following options:
- Priority Mail Express - Items ship in 24-hour to most locations, but in no more than 48 hours. Please visit the USPS website for more information. Delivering 7 days a week, Priority Mail Express® is our fastest domestic service for time-sensitive letters, documents, or merchandise.
- Priority Mail - Shipping in 1–3 Business Days - Get more for your money with Priority Mail® shipping in 1, 2, or 3 business days based on where your package starts and where it’s being sent.
- First-Class Mail - Shipping in 1-3 Business Days - First-Class Mail® is an affordable mail service for standard-sized, single-piece envelopes weighing up to 3.5 oz, and large envelopes and small packages weighing up to 13 oz with delivery in 3 business days or less.
- International Shipping Options are available as well. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the actions taken by Customs. Please see the Recovery Emporium's Shipping Policies & Information section for more information on our policies related to international shipping.
NOTE: While we can guarantee that your order will be shipped from our location within 24-hours; we cannot guarantee what happens once your order leaves our shop. We have all orders that are sent via Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express insured and we provide tracking information for each of these packages. If you experience any difficulties with your delivery, then please contact us. We will gladly help to advocate for you with the United States Postal Service. If an item is lost or stolen, then please do not hesitate to email (email@example.com) or call (1-888-798-3496) the shop. We will work with you to help to ensure that you are satisfied with your shopping experience.